Opened various package management bugs

Developer
Nov 24, 2010 at 1:10 AM

I don't know if the gallery UI is expected to have this kind of functionality yet, but I entered various bus relating to viewing/managing packages in the gallery.

Is it even worth filing this type of bugs, or is it premature?

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I think it's premature at this point. Those things you entered are all items we know about - they're just things we haven't gotten to yet. We haven't really begun the process of creating all the necessary templates in Orchard to display all of the package data and navigation links, as well as remove some of the default Orchard behavior (like the Edit link you see when you're logged in as admin).

Developer
Nov 24, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Ok, fair enough.

It would be nice to have at least some way of deleting packages (even with temporary UI), as that helps with testing.  Basically, if it could match the old test client functionality (which it seems has become broken), that would be great.

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Yeah, we haven't maintained the test client app recently as we've implemented most of it in the Orchard Gallery itself. But we'll get a delete link exposed in there soon - I agree it would be really helpful for testing. Probably won't be until Monday though as most of us are getting ready to head out for the holiday (if possible I'll work it in sometime over the weekend).

Developer
Nov 24, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Sounds good, let's officially kill the test client and add basic missing things to Orchard.